Friday, August 05, 2005

The Mother Land-Ghana



Second trip to Africa was an enlightening experience. During the six weeks, I visited five wonderful countries Malaysia, The Netherlands, Ghana, Nigeria and France.
In Ghana, I stayed at a Catholic Parish in a small village. They took me in treated me like family. I felt I belonged. The countryside is rich indeed, just in the backyard pineapples, various yams, cassavas, cocoa, mangoes, potatoes, maize and others I did not know. These foods cooked for daily meals. As a bodybuilder these foods were the freshest, tastiest most nutritious I have ever tasted. In the village all, the vegetables and fruit grown in the village, villagers only need to go to the store for fish.
The slave castles/dungeons on the coast was definitely an eye opener. I learned the history that was not taught or written in our textbooks. This atrocity will and should never be repeated. These words are written throughout the castles.

More pics can be seen in my briefcase.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/msflex2003

0 Comments:

<< Home