Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My Japanese House

In the Golds Gym Osaka locker room. OOOH, what a pump! Working biceps feels fabulous.

For those curious of what a typical Japanese house looks like this is it.

This is called a Japanese toilet, squat toilet. It is difficult at to use at first but once you get used to it, well...never really used to it. It's also sanitary as shoes are not worn inside the house and only toilet shoes are worn in the toilet area. However, for "doin yo business" its the most natural position for kidneys and it keep people from hogging up toilet time.

Ahh, the deep bath. This is the most relaxing part of the day. The bath is heated by gas, it boils like a bowl of soup. It's only used for soaking, no soap washing is done outside the bath. There is a stool to sit on and wash. The scoop is used to scoop water the bath into the bowl for washing with soap. As a Westerner may wash and soak in the same water never thinking doing this makes you dirty again.
But I love the Japanese bath and community bath houses its most relaxing. A popular place I visit.
http://www.spaworld.co.jp just click through the floor guide. It has Asian & Europe bath scenery,estethics, gym,massage, pool, etc. I spend the entire day here.

Lastly, my upstairs rooms. One to the left and right. The photos on the wall I call my Love Wall. Every card, motivational letter, love letters I put on this love wall just to remind me that someone out there, loves me. Kinda need that when your family is 1/2 way across the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home